Broadway Family Medicine Update - July 4, 2023
We hope that this update finds you and your family well.
We are writing to update you with some important information about our office.
1. NEW EMR - Our office is transitioning to a new electronic medical record (EMR) system. We thank you in advance for your patience as we make this transition.
2. OFFICE COMMUNICATION TOOLS - With our new EMR, your doctor may communicate with you via Ocean (which we have already been using) or a new program called Medeo. Medeo is a secure application that enables Healthcare Providers and patients to connect online with secure messaging.
You will receive an invitation to create an account and must download an app in order to use Medeo.
3. NEW STAFF: We would like to welcome Judy to our office administration team. Judy, along with Coleen and Shelana are in the office Monday - Friday from 9-5 pm to assist you. As always, you can e-mail our office at email@example.com or call us at 416-322-3700. For all urgent issues please call the office.
4. EXTENDED AFTER HOURS COVERAGE: Broadway Family Medicine is part of the Yongeline Family Health Organization (FHO), which provides you access to care for urgent medical issues from our After Hours Clinic (AHC). The After Hours Clinic coverage has recently been extended to Monday-Friday from 5-8pm and Saturday from 9-3pm. You can call 416-231-7226 for more information and to schedule an appointment. When you require urgent care after hours, we strongly encourage you to access care from our FHO AHC clinic. This ensures better continuity of care for you as all of your medical information remains in your personal chart, and your doctor is aware of the visit.
5. VIRTUAL CARE CHANGES: The Ministry of Health has recently made changes to the provision of virtual health care. If you have not been seen in person within the past 2 years, you may be required to come for an in-person visit before a virtual appointment is available. In addition, there are certain circumstances where your doctor will request for you to come for an in-person appointment in order to provide you with appropriate care for your medical concerns.
6. PATIENTSERV FOR UNINSURED SERVICES: Some of our doctors are now using PatientSERV to assist us in providing you with services that are not covered by OHIP. PLEASE NOTE: Email communication is an uninsured service. There will be a fee for patient initiated email inquiries, or they will be covered by the PS365 program. See attached letter for more information.
Thank you for your understanding.
All the best,
Broadway Family Medicine