Broadway Family Medicine Update - Dec 21, 2021
December 21, 2021
We hope all is well with you and that you are staying well during these challenging times.
To stay healthy this winter, we encourage everyone to do the following:
1. Get vaccinated, and encourage your loved ones to do the same. 3 doses of the COVID 19 vaccine provide the best protection. You are now eligible to receive a 3rd dose if you are over 18 and it has been 84 days since your 2nd dose.
2. Use Rapid Antigen Tests on a regular basis, and definitely before gathering indoors.
3. Keep your social circle or "bubble" small, and avoid large crowds.
4. Use well fitting masks, especially when indoors. If indoors for a prolonged period of time, N95 masks are ideal.
5. If you are sick, get a PCR test, and stay home and self isolate. If your test is negative, you can come out of isolation when symptoms are improving for at least 24 hours. If symptoms worsen, or do not resolve after 3-4 days, the PCR test should be repeated.
For the 2021-2022 Winter Holidays, our office will have an on-call doctor available for URGENT ISSUES ONLY. Please contact us in the new year to discuss any non-urgent issues. Please note it may take several business days for your doctor to respond to non-urgent inquiries.
We will be closed December 27, 28, and January 3. We will be open until 12pm on December 24 and 31. You may also contact the After-Hours Clinic for urgent issues if needed. For information, please call 416-231-7226, and see the schedule below:
After Hours Clinic:
Monday, Dec 20 - 5-8pm
Tuesday, Dec 21 - 5-8pm
Wednesday, Dec 22 - 5-8pm
Thursday, Dec 23 - 5-8pm*Friday, Dec 24 - 11am-2pm
Monday, Dec 27 - No ClinicTuesday, Dec 28 - No Clinic
Wednesday, Dec 29 - 5-8pm
Thursday, Dec 30 - 5-8pm
*Friday, Dec 31 - 9am-Noon
If you are unwell, we can provide care virtually. If a physical examination is required, our policy is that you must have a negative COVID 19 PCR test first. Alternatively, you can access care at one of the COVID/Cold & Flu Clinics at the link below:
Ontario Health - Covid, Cold & Flu Resources in Toronto Region
You can also consult the below resource for accessing care during the holidays:
2021 Holiday Hours for Clinics, Labs & Imaging
Wishing you and your loved ones Happy Holidays and a Happy and Healthy New Year!
All the best,
Broadway Family Medicine